Decentralized Data Distribution
Last year a very hyped topic was Bitcoin and the technology behind that, Blockchain. This technology can be used to create a permanent, public, transparent ledger system for compiling data on sales, storing rights data by authenticating, copyright registration and tracking digital use and payments to content creators, such as musicians or EO data providers. Because the space sector is growing so fast and a lot of data will be transmitted we should think about how we could use the Blockchain technology in space. A few companys already set big goals.
- Space Decentral: Using Blockchain technology to democratize space
- Blockchain in Space – The Future May Owe Itself to Blockchain Technology. Here’s Why. – Blockchain Daily News
- How blockchain in space aims to challenge the dominance of Google and Amazon in internet services – Tech In Asia
- NASA-Funded Research Will Let Unmanned Spacecraft “Think” Using AI and Blockchain – Futurism
- Disrupting Industries With Blockchain – Paper by Technical University of Munich
Blockchain Research Group